Tramadol tablets are crushed and snorted by some individuals who abuse pain medications. This practice can cause serious side effects for abusers because of the relatively rapid delivery of the drug to the brain.
A.Effects of snorting Tramadol
Drug labels contain warnings about not snorting Tramadol for good reasons. High doses of Tramadol that you ingest can create toxic harmful body concentrations.
First, how is snorted Tramadol processed by the body?
- Snorted Tramadol dissolves into the nasal passage mucous membranes. Next, it is passed quickly through the blood brain barrier. Your dulled pain experience comes from the fact that Tramadol acts at the central nervous system level after attaching to the opiate brain receptors. Tramadol when snorted works faster, but results in a higher amount of the drug in your system. Increased risks of adverse effects and overdose occur with concentrated exposure to Tramadol.
- The liver processes orally administered immediate release Tramadol pills. In about 2 hours, peak drug levels are reached. The liver metabolism process is skipped when Tramadol is snorted. This absence of metabolism results in the drug effects being delivered directly into the neural circulation faster than 2 hours.
More related Tramadol FAQs:
- How long does Tramadol stay in your system ?
- How to get Tramadol out of your system ?
- Can you snort Tramadol ?
- How long does it take for Tramadol to work ?
- Can you take Tramadol with Suboxone ?
- Does Tramadol affect your sperm ?
- and more …
B.Will there be bad side effects for me if I snort Tramadol?
Yes, you can have bad side effects from snorting Tramadol because of concentrated levels of the drug in your system.
Slow release of the medicine is no longer controlled. You get all the drug at once in your system. This is because the ability to filter the drug through the metabolic process is taken away. You damage your sinuses and nose as well. Since Tramadol is unique, many side effects are reported from its use.
Negative and adverse side effects of snorting tramadol can include:
- difficulty breathing
C.Is Tramadol snorting dangerous?
Yes, there are dangers in Tramadol snorting.
You can experience complications arising directly from Tramadol snorting as well as negative side effects. Some serious complications of snorting tramadol can include:
- heart attack
A faster drug dependency and/or tolerance are more likely than if you take the drug in the prescribed form. Inability to stop and dependence on Tramadol increases when snorting the drug. Damaged relationships and life upsets are the results of addiction.
Seek medical help as soon as possible for someone you know if you see an overdose occurring or happening to them.
Clinical Toxicology indicated in a 2010 study of Tramadol overdose, that poisoning episodes from 2006 to 2007 totaled 1.2 percent of all poisoning episodes and were related to Tramadol. Serotonin syndrome is a severe drug reaction that can result from too much ingestion of Tramadol. This syndrome adversely alters the production of the serotonin neurotransmitter in the brain.
If an overdose is occurring or happening to someone you know then you need to seek medical help immediately.
Signs of tramadol overdose include:
- difficulty breathing
- dilated pupils
- loss of consciousness
D.Will snorting Tramadol be effective?
Yes, Tramadol snorting will be effective.
Onset of analgesic effects will be faster due to the mode of administration of Tramadol. Snorting of Tramadol is never recommended even though it is effective. Labels on prescriptions are placed to warn against snorting Tramadol because of the many risks involved. Once again, addiction, overdose, infectious disease and dependency are the reasons Tramadol snorting is not recommended.
E. Can you snort Tramadol ?
There is no medical benefit from snorting Tramadol even though it may be tempting.
Quicker onset of analgesic effects and a high are the only differences in snorting Tramadol, even though it enters the blood steam and acts on your body faster. Achieving euphoria and quick onset by snorting Tramadol is a very radical route to take.
The risks and dangers together, make snorting Tramadol detrimental to your wellbeing. Risks which can be deadly should be known if you snort Tramadol. The risk and harm associated with Tramadol snorting in our opinion, is not worth it.